Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble (FR)
Politecnico di Milano (IT)
Univerzitet u Beogradu (SRB)
Type: Europeo - Erasmus+
End date: 2023
Start date: 2020
Overall budget: € 357.023,00
Funding: € 357.023,00
STIIMA budget: € 71.514,00
STIIMA funding: € 71.514,00
Advanced Virtual and Augmented Reality Toolkit for Learning
The main objective of the AVATAR Erasmus+ project is to support and facilitate the adoption of VR/AR technologies in engineering curricula. Within the set of advanced digital technologies in fact, AR and VR have the following characteristics and advantages:
• AR is able to provide a more understandable perspective on engineering problems, using a three-dimensional experience (VR) to leverage on visuo-spatial ability of the students.
• AR is the right tool to deliver meaningful set of information to specific geometrical locations, providing the students a deeper understanding.
• VR/AR-enabled telepresence enables high-quality distance and self-learning, being able to provide the students a rich experience even if they cannot access laboratorial facilities and/or get in touch with real components.
To pursue this objective a set of workflows will be developed, describing and formalizing how to implement learning activities in engineering taking advantage of VR/AR tools. The workflows will be organized in three clusters:
• Learning approaches for experiencing/developing technologies to support the use and implementation of AR/VR tools (e.g., how to build a 3D scene for VR, how to prepare and organize contents for VR/AR, how to address interactivity in VR/AR).
• Learning approaches using AR/VR within integrated engineering approaches to provide a better and deeper understanding of engineering problems (e.g., in the design of a manufacturing system and/or in the definition of detailed trajectories in robotized assembly processes).
• AR/VR as an innovative environment for learning assessment (exercises, quizzes, polls, etc.).